Rear boot floor coming along, using sikaflex 225 which is the structural bonding agent rather then just the sealer. This will assist in adding strength without too much weight, i am riveting and bonding these sections on so the flat aluminium panel can go in over top.
The back section is not flat so it is difficult to work with but managed to get it on this aluminium angle so i could mount the flat sheet too.Trackday Troubles - Blown Intercooler Hose
I was lucky enough to attend the Macquarie Racing trackday at Wakefield park, was a fantastic day. I had planned to shake down the car after the clutch install and with the previous overheating issues that I had experienced. The first session the temps were around 24deg with little to no wind, the car performed well with temps very stable after 8 laps at around 1:04 second mark. It was just me and two other cars out of the track, I came back in to check on things and the tyre pressures. The second session I wanted to continue to check the car and if all was OK I would duck out at lunch time and put on the 3 spare tyres I have had sitting around for about 5years, not the best to set times on but with the rears now without tread I needed to change them over. Unfortunately about the 3 rd lap in the intercooler hose blew, trying all of the shops in Goulburn I was not able to get a replacement 2in to 3in 90deg elbow silicone joiner.
Comments
Post a Comment