Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oran Park Grand Prix (GP) Circuit - PB 1:19.69

Went to Oran GP last weekend and had a good day, the unique guys could not get the bearings in time as the vendor was bringing them over from the states which was a bummer but they arranged at cost to them to ship in another type to make sure I was ok for the event. I was pretty impressed.
Posted Image




















Got the rack back into the car and aligned the steering column with the help from the wife, ended up getting it wrong and need to go back and align it again as has 2.5 turn to the right an 2 turn to the left so only a little bit off.
The guys at Bob Jane sorted out the alignment to my specs and whacked the car on the trailer off to the Autosports Oran GP day. Had a lot of trouble throughout the day with a lot of oversteer in the rear end and I think what is happening is when I strap the car down onto the trailer it pulls the alignment out as I strap it though the wheel.
Will find out when I put it back on the alignment machine in the next week or so.
Managed a PB of 1:19.69 which was reasonably happy with but found it hard to find some clear track and then latter in the day ran out of fuel which did not help..... The instruction was helpful and when I got the chance to go back out again after the instruction to try a few new things was when I ran out of fuel.
I should have done what a few other people did and chuck the keys at one of the instructors and got a good time which was funny, number 26 and 2 drastically reduced there times.

Here are some shots from the day

They are from Natahan from
www.speedshots.com.au

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image


Having some issues with a few niggling things, the dump pipe bolts keep coming loose which think is due to too much flex in the exhaust so looking at getting some additional mounts welded on for rigidity.
The dash has had some minor problems just in the setting it up which has taken a lot of time, which combined to loosing everything on the laptop including all of my logged data from the previous years, set up files and everything has been difficult to manage. I basically had to re-do everything over the last few weeks and still haven't finished.

The front and rear discs need replacing now as the Oran Day just about finished them off with some larger cracks starting to appear, I have got reasonably good life out of them so pretty happy just more around the finances which have taken a pretty large hit so might have to park it for a bit.

I took some footage on the track so after I get it off the camera will try and post it up,

No comments:

Post a Comment