Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Door Panels

Replaced the screws holding on the door panels tonight. Used m3 rivnuted with m3 16mm SS countersunk bolts with a countersunk SS washer.
Had some problems

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Intercooler Piping - Plenum Feed

Next bit was welding on the pipe that goes to the Plenum.

It was really soft

Intercooler Piping

Did some more work on the intercooler piping tonight. Welded on the Air temp sensor and starting to re-polish the outside.
This is the drivers

Monday, May 16, 2016

Firewall connector plate

Finished off the firewall connector plate, had a lot of trouble lining up the connectors into the engine as they fouled on the fuel rail and engine block.

Moved it across

Main Wiring Control panel

Finished off the main panel tonight. The original one i had changed the positions of the pieces which left holes in the panel. I cut a new panel and also pop riveted the distribution blocks on rather than bolts to make it much more cleaner.

Finished it off with some

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Corner Weighting Car

Today we weight the car with 20ltrs of fuel 
And then again with

Car running again

Pretty exciting day today as the car was started for the first time after over 3 years of sitting idle in the garage.
A few little issues have come

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Id2000 Injectors Seized & Rusted (E85)

We pulled the injectors out of the car today whilst trying to start it and found that they had rusted shut. We tried to get them to open but they were not budging.
Pretty surprised that they

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Surprisingly good low profile jack from ebay

My old aluminium racing jack gave up the ghost and i have been looking for a replacement for some time. I inquired about a bluepoint super low profile jack and found it was stupidly expensive ($600+) and also the local tool guy could not get hold of one.
I had a look around and

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Finished off Centre Panel

I finished off most of the center panel tonight. I am pretty happy with how it has turned out and is now more clearly packaged and labeled for easy fault finding. Managed by using the distribution blocks to do away with multiple power in wires and also some of the ground wires.
Just need to wire in the two isolation switches which control the main power solinoid and then i can re-do the acutal metal panel with a new piece of aluminium and i should be right to go.