Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

R33 GTS-T 5 Speed - Update 5

Been waiting all week, Saturday morning comes around and I am really looking forward to picking up the car. Michele comes for a drive in the falcon and we head off out to SW motorsport to pick it up, we arrive and run through the details. Am worried about how the shifter has ended up but having a look over Stewart has done a nice neat job of making up a cover plate and extra bracket to hold on the shifter boot. I sit in the car and play with the shifter and Stewart asks if I want to take it for a drive to see if I am happy with it
I take it for a bit of a spin around the block and my first thoughts are that the box is a lot louder then the SR box but I think that this is just the beefier gears and that it is normal.

We fix up the bill and we head back home, the bill was $300 more then what we had agreed on but was because of the extra work involved. I could have suggested that this was not really my fault but when you look at it I thought the price was fair and that the work was good so was not really something to bring up as I was happy with the job.

We headed off and I noticed in some of the gears the noise’s from the box were getting worse, was not sure what to do but continued to drive on back home. Latter that night decided to take a little road trip through the Nasho and Mac pass with Martin and James and a couple of times crunched into 4th and sometimes 3rd. The box noise in 5th gear was unbearable and although I was worried still enjoyed the drive and it was nice to get out for a bit of a thrash.

No comments:

Post a Comment