Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Surprisingly good low profile jack from ebay

My old aluminium racing jack gave up the ghost and i have been looking for a replacement for some time. I inquired about a bluepoint super low profile jack and found it was stupidly expensive ($600+) and also the local tool guy could not get hold of one.
I had a look around and
didn't want to go another Aluminium jack because i was worried it would give me grief had i bought the wrong one. The last one has lasted me close to 6 years now maybe more and was picked up in a group buy with others based on feedback from club members who had bought it before.
Some searching on google and i came across this one from ebay seller Suzukisuper. Seems a fair few ppl have been happy with it and given it is a super low profile 75mm to 505mm steel jack it suited my needs well.
For $265 delivered to my door i bit the bullet and took a gamble and i must admit i am pleasantly surprised.
Tonight i tried it out and it is extremely solid and smooth in operation both in jacking up and when releasing the car down.
Took some shots compared to my old one and as you can see it is even lower than that one so this was another bonus.
Will see how long it lasts but i am hoping the early signs and quality design will mean it will last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment