Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

6point Harness and New Velo seat

I had purchased a new seat for the car back a number of years ago whilst at WTA and never got around to actually fitting it, has been sitting in the garage ever since and thought it was time to fit it to the car and at the same time replace my current Willans 4point harness which is very old and I am finding that I am submarining in the seat when driving around the track.

I picked up a new harness which is a sabelt 6point harness from V-Sport yesterday to fix the submarining issue, the added bonus of this harness will be that it will allow me to use a Hans device in the future when funds permit.

The crotch strap on the Sabelt harness is fitted over the hoop that was installed under the seat originally when the cage was installed, it is then attached to two eyelets with a square place underneath towards the back of the seat on the floor. When fitting the eyelets I miss judged the holes and ended up drilling into the chassis frame so had to drill another hole which was disappointing.


When it came time to then fit the new seat I could not actually get it into the car with the Bride rail attached to it so had to remove the seat rail to get it through the door and cage into position. One the seat was in position and the rail mounted to the vehicle when I tried to fit the seat to the rail the seats side head protection fouled on the roll cage.


I will need to get some custom mounts made up to install the seat lower in the car so that I can fit the seat in without fouling on the cage.


No comments:

Post a Comment