Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Removing sound deading with dry ice - colour decided - Artic White

I took an afternoon off work and organised to pick up the dry ice from Fregerts Ice for $6 per KG.
I started laying it over different sections of the floor panels. It was very easy to use and I just left the dry-ice on the sound deadening for 5 minutes and then hit around the edges of it and lifted up the stuff in full sheets.
Transmission tunnel and some of the back areas were a little harder but using the hammer and chisel, all up it took me about 1 ½ hours to get it all off.


Posted Image







Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It was about this time when I was speaking with Peter at Bodyform, that the latest High Performance Imports came out with an article on an S14a in America that had a Ridge Kit.
It looked great in black but when I started to look closer it was easy to see the ripples on all of the fibreglass panels. Peter talked me out of painting the car black as it is very hard and expensive to get an absolute flat finish and would require making the panels a lot thicker.
So I thought about picking another colour. I finally decided on the white as it will hide many of the imperfections if there are any in the panels and also be easier to maintain on an ongoing basis. The car will be kept pristine for the wedding, but after that it'll be back to circuit days, super sprints and long awaited weekend drives to some of the best roads around the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment