So at the same time as doing the brake ducts and center console the other job i have been putting off for a while is ducting the oil cooler to the front bar.
This is quiet tricky as i have to get the shape of the front bar and also flow it back to the cooler so it meant i needed to take the front bar off.
Here i am masking up the section and have added a flat piece at the top which is just under the indicator, this will be the top of the duct as above this is the brake duct.anything on the paint. You can't see it but under the tape is some spaced sections i put in between the duct and fiberglass bar, this is for the mesh mounts and ensures i can still have something stopping rocks going into the oil cooler.
I needed to remove the front bar to make all the ducting but first i had to temp fix the front section of the duct to sections of the car. I had to ensure it was enough to support the weight of the duct and also all the bracing etc i would put on it and so i can remove the front bar to get access to make the second section of the duck.
This was quiet hard and i used paddle pop sticks and hot melt glue gun to do it all.
I made curves and angles so that the air will flow in smoothly to the cooler, i made sure the edges go all the way around to the edge of the oil cooler so all the air is forced through.